Sunday, August 19, 2012

Be Free

I don't know how you feel about tattoos, and for the record this post is by no means meant to encourage anyone to go out and get a tattoo. (Disclaimer?) But recently, I got my first tattoo. What do you think?



You might be wondering why in the world I would get the two small, seemingly insignificant words "be free" permanently tattoed on my body. I'm assuming, of course, that the Africa outline makes a little more sense! So let me explain...

When I look at this tattoo:
1) I am reminded that I am free in Christ Jesus.
          "For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery." -Galations 5:1
2) I am reminded of my Uganda team. "Be Free!" was a common phrase among the members of my team. We exercised freedom with each other through open and honest conversation and actions. Yes this sometimes meant expressing hurts, annoyances, joys, and craziness!
3) I think of the need for Christ's freedom to reign supreme in Africa, and I make it my prayer.

Welp! There you have it. These are the reasons I have permanently inked my body. And today, nearly a month later, I still LOVE it!!!

In case you're interested, I have a few updates on life as of late. Today I start my last semester of my years as an undergraduate college student. This pretty much means that as far as life plans go, I have a solid plan through...December when I graduate for the second time. After the first of the year...no plans. Yup! Sounds realllllly responsible doesn't it. ;) Don't worry though. God has a plan and He is working it out in me. To give you a heads up, I may actually know my plans for next year. I'm not ready to reveal them quite yet, but here's a hint...

...they involve Europe, leadership, missions, Spanish, French?, community, growth, direction, and of course God!

I'm also currently teaching a bible study class with the youth at my church on Sunday. I'm mentioning this because after some of the prayers I heard come out of those kids mouths today, I'm guessing you're going to be hearing more and more from me about Sundays at JWC (Jonesboro Worship Center). These kids have some AMAZING gifts and a phenomenal call on each of their lives and I can't wait to explore those more throughout the rest of this year. I just get the feeling I'll be "dwelling in hope" through them for a bit, and I couldn't be happier about it!

Until next time...Go in peace! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment