Monday, January 16, 2012

Eager for Rome


I learned recently from a beautiful woman of God at my church that when you reading scripture, you should insert your name, your circumstance, your trial, your location, etc. into what you are reading. In this way scripture will come alive in your circumstance. So I decided to try it. In Romans 1, Paul write to the Roman church and tells them of his long desire to be with them. When I first read this, I immediately thought of Uganda and the journey I'm about to embark upon. So when you read this, I want you to think  as I thought, that this is Somer eager to be in Uganda. And look at what it says:
"For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I mention you always in my prayers, asking that somehow by God's will I may now at last succeed in coming to you. For I long to see you, that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to strengthen you -- that is that we may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith, both yours and mine." - Romans 1:9-12
I leave for Uganda tomorrow evening. Your prayers are appreciated. I wish that I could contain in this one blog how thrilled I am to finally be entering the country of Uganda. I am eager for this journey, as Paul was eager for Rome. 
I want to let you know of another opportunity to keep up with me, and even the rest of my team. I encourage you to follow our team blog at http://uganda.adventures.org. Follow us by e-mail and you'll be updated everytime one of our team members has something to share. I will be telling you more about them soon, but for now just know that they are amazing  children of God. They encourage me every moment I am with them, and I'd love for you to know them, too. So follow us!!! In fact, I will be updating both blogs...but with different information. This is still my primary blog, but depending on how much time I have to post, I may only be able to put out a short snippit on our team blog. For example, I have written something about my EXTAORDINARY time at training camp. I'm not posting it to this page, so view it by clicking http://uganda.adventures.org. And there is also a picture of me and some of the girls on the other blog...in case you need some incentive! 


My teams expression of our vision for Uganda. We are all apparently closet artist..I mean right?!




Blessings,


Somer

No comments:

Post a Comment