Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Unplanned Unexpected Post

So I wasn't planning to blog again until right before I left for training camp on January 13th, but God is just so good! And though it was unplanned, I just couldn't wait to share it with you.

I don't think I've told you all that as of last week, I am fully funded for my trip through Adventures in Missions! I got word of a final donation, did some calculating, and it turned out to be just enough! But as good as that news is, it is not what prompted me to sit down and write this blog. I'll explain...

Today I woke up knowing that I had to pay a certain bill. This bill didn't come out of no where. I pay it once a month, and I've been planning to pay it, knowing I had the money, for over a week. See in addition to fundraising for my program cost, I've also been trying to save up enough money to pay my bills for the four months that I am gone and not working. I've known all along that this God's plan for my life, to be in Uganda in a little more than a week's time, and I've known that because it's God's plan, He will provide for all of my needs to see that His will is accomplished in my life. All my job is, is to say "Yes, Lord, send me." Of course what my head knows and what I feel on a daily basis are often two very different things.

You see this bill I've been planning to pay for weeks now, today all of a sudden became something that I just didn't have quite enough money for. I checked and double checked my bank accounts. I transferred money from the account I'm keeping for spending money in Uganda to my regular bill paying account. Did the math again, and somehow still did not have enough to make this payment. So in my human way, I've been kind of mopey all morning. I've also been pretty upset with myself for not budgeting well enough to cover something that comes up every month. In my great distress and in His usual way, God showed up. The mailman came to my door this morning with a package that I had purchased for my trip, and the usual stack of bills and advertisements. I thanked him, shut my door and rushed to open my new supplies. After trying out my new camping pillow and headlamp, I sorted through the rest of my mail. Right there on top of the stack, addressed to me, was an envelope from an old family friend. I opened it to find a check that gives me just enough to pay this bill!



This whole day reminds me of a song. You probably know it, "This is the Stuff" by Francesca Battistelli. In case you don't I'll post it below. This line from the chorus perfectly describes my morning:

"In the middle of my little mess, I forget how big I'm blessed..."



No comments:

Post a Comment